Celebrities’ Diets Often Make No Sense
From an Indian newspaper, Bangalore, India –
According to the article: Top 10 Celebrity Diets For Weight Loss
While only a few of us are blessed with miraculous genes, most of us in the ‘real’ world wouldn’t mind dropping a few kilos to look like our favourite Hollywood celebrities.
But how do they keep those impossibly toned bodies in such great shape? Today Bangalore-based, Registered Dietitian and Wellness Consultant, Sheela Krishnaswamy tells us about the top 10 celebrity diets for weight loss and how effective they are in practical life.
Raw Food Diet:
Followed by Uma Thurman, Demi Moore: While some amounts of raw food is good to eat, an entire day’s diet being raw might be hard to ‘digest’ for many. Moreover, grains cannot be taken in adequate quantities in the raw form. Nutrients from some foods will not get easily absorbed when they are eaten raw. There’s also a possibility of bacterial and / or fungal contamination when foods are eaten raw. Not many can sustain raw foods diet.
One Meal A Day Diet:
Followed by Ashton Kucher and Liz Hurley: Is it possible to pack all the required nutrients in the right quantities in One Meal a Day? Almost impossible! With reduced quantity and thereby quality of food, weight loss with this kind of diet is certainly not healthy. Long term deprivation of food can lead to undernourishment, muscle loss, decrease in bone density, lowered metabolism, among others.
The New York Diet
Followed by Liv Tyler and Heidi Klum: Yet another high protein diet plan with animal foods and veggies. The New York diet is a low carb diet which is incomplete in nutrition and not a wholesome plan. It’s just a quick-fix solution for weight loss. Not sustainable for a long duration and certainly not a healthy weight-loss plan. This diet also combines a rigorous workout session daily. It’s quite likely that a person on this diet will feel fatigued at the end of the session due to inadequate energy.
Maple Syrup Diet
followed by Beyonce Knowles: Maple syrup diet is too drastic for anyone. It can be dangerous because it’s too low in calories. A fortnight of this diet can lead to exhaustion, nutritional deficiencies, irritability, and more of water / muscle loss rather than fat loss. Also the basal metabolic rate will drop and make it more difficult to burn calories even after the person gets back to eating normally.
5 Hands Diet
Followed by Victoria Beckham: The 5 hands diet followed by Victoria Beckham and probably some others is just not adequate in quantity and nutritional quality. 5 handfuls of high protein foods along with some vegetables, berries and nuts do not suffice for a person who is looking to maintain health along with weight loss. It might work temporarily for a few people who wish to go down to a small dress size, but this is certainly not the right way to lose weight.
Followed by Lily Allen: If people believe that hypnotherapy alone can help an individual to shed weight, it’s not true. Any kind of weight loss needs a lifestyle change. If hypnotherapy gives drive to a person to exercise more or make better choices with foods, this approach would be beneficial. But if hypnotherapy only guides you to eat less without eating healthy, it’s of no use.
Followed by Kate Moss and Sadie Frost: Detoxification or removal of waste products from the body takes place on a daily basis. Liver is the detox organ which helps to cleanse our digestive system. A special ‘detox’ diet has caught many people’s fancy although it has no scientific back-up. If a ‘detox’ diet provides adequate nutrition and energy by putting a person on healthy eating habits, there’s no harm in following it. But if it promotes drastic reduction in food intake and encourages weight loss through malnutrition, stay away from it.
Cabbage Soup Diet
Followed by Zoe Ball and Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar: With the drastic reduction in food intake from Cabbage Soup diet, weight loss is a given but only for a short time. Initially weight loss is more likely from water loss rather than fat loss. Malnutrition can set in with limited food intake. This diet is not sustainable and when the dieter gets back to his/her regular eating, the lost weight will come back.
Baby Food Diet
Followed by Reese Witherspoon and Desperate Housewives’ Marcia Cross: Since food is soft or pureed in Baby Food diet, the pleasure of chewing is absent. Chewing helps in giving a sense of fullness and without it the dieter could end up eating more than what he/she desires. On the other hand, there’s also a possibility for a person on this diet to become malnourished by eating lesser number of calories and nutrients than what is required.
Followed by Jennifer Aniston and Renee Zellweger: Atkins diet is high in protein, animal fat, cholesterol, and low in carbohydrates and fiber. This diet can increase the risks of coronary heart disease, constipation or kidney disease. A non-nutritious item like alcohol is placed on a higher ‘rung’ than nutritious items like legumes and grains. This beats nutritional logic!
If the celebrities used common sense, they would try the Isagenix “five pillars of health” plan, and forget about “dieting”.
What Are The “Five Pillars?”
1. Complete meal replacement with Isalean Shakes – 23 grams of the highest quality, undenatured New Zealand whey and casein protein and superior amino acid complex.
- Help maintain lean body mass
- Lower lactose levels for easier digestion.
- Contain an exclusive blend of supercharged trace minerals.
- Enzyme activated to help maximize absorption of key nutrients.
- Clinically proven to support great weight-loss results and weight management.
2. Cleanse for Life – a complete, nutritional body cleanse that aids the body’s natural ability to remove impurities that you’re exposed to on a daily basis.
- Feeds and nourishes the body (not a laxative or diuretic), unlike traditional cleanses which deplete your body.
- Encourages safe and effective weight loss.
- Boosts mental and physical energy and endurance.
- Contains more than 100 nutrients, including ionic minerals,antioxidants, Aloe Vera and gentle cleansing herbs that help support the body’s vital functions and immune system.
3. Ionix Supreme – A supercharged nutrient-rich, rejuvenating drink that restores and protects the body and helps increase your ability to perform mentally and physically.
- Specialized adaptogens energize your cells and adapt your body to any form of stress.
- Contains more than 100 specially sourced ingredients from around the world.
- Antioxidants and adaptogenic herbs help support mental and physical performance.
- Contain our advanced blend of trace minerals, which support the body’s vital functions.
4. and 5. – Ageless Essentials with Product B– a proprietary, scientifically advanced formula that contains a full spectrum of natural bioactive antioxidants to help promote higher antioxidant defenses.
Potent doses of CoQ10, vitamin D-3, resveratrol, five forms of calcium and DHA and EPA omega-3 essential fatty acids help slow the progressive degeneration of the body and provide total-body support for immune, brain, vision, joint and cardiovascular health.
An advanced absorption delivery system and rapid disintegration technology that ensures delivery of vital nutrients throughout the day. The daily dose of age-defying nutrientscome wrapped in convenient packets for day and night, that include Essentials for Men or Women, Product B antioxidants plus Telomere support, Ageless Actives. IsaOmega Supreme and C-Lyte.
Diet And Common Sense
With the Isagenix “five pillars” nutritional system, “regular” food is taken in, as well. Just as long as you eat healthy regular meals, the Isagenix products will complete your nutritional needs.